Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Bucket list

I am a list maker. Obviously, it would make sense that I would make a list of things that I want to do in my lifetime. And so, I present my bucket list.

The following are all quotes that validate my belief in bucket lists. If you don't subscribe to the term 'bucket list', figure out a different one for what ever you call your list of things you want to do.
"I don't dream at night, I dream all day; I dream for a living." -Steven Spielberg
"Goals that are not written down are just wishes." -unknown
"The future you see is the future you get." -Robert Allen
“Every man dies, not every man really lives.” -William Wallace
"If you don't have a bucket list, you're doing it wrong!" -Jasmine
"JAS YOU KEEP GOING YOU LEARN MORE IN LIFE." -GRANDPA DALE 
 I couldn't resist. source: imgur.com



This song embodies the soundtrack to a bucket list, so play (you'll have to click to open it via YouTube) and continue scrolling. You know you've always wondered what your life would be like with a soundtrack. Wait, that's just me? Well anyway, this also doubles as my shameless attempt to introduce you to Eric Hutchinson. =]

A few of these I have completed, but will make note of it later, as it was during travel. The ones that I have done and are not associated with travel will be noted below.

-----------[Just Because]-------------
  • Be able to say “Quick, follow that car!”
  • Work as a Disney Princess.. obviously I've got a head start.
  • Get a henna tattoo
  • Get a pebble to skip at least 4 times
  • Be in a food fight
  • Build a tree house
  • Get a turkey in bowling
  • Go to a midnight showing
  • Grow a bonsai tree
  • Stand under falling confetti
  • Talk to someone who thinks they’ve been abducted by aliens
  • Throw a surprise party
  • Own a hammock
  • Own an animal that isn’t common
  • Play in the mud and get covered
  • Ride down a laundry chute
  • Make and drink butterbeer (yes I'm also a Harry Potter nerd)
  • Put together a time capsule
  • Solve a crime
  • Get defined abs and guns
  • Get rid of everything I don’t use
  • Have a foreign pen pal
  • Have a revelatory dream
  • Learn martial arts
  • Learn sign language
  • Learn to drive in Lincoln- done!
  • Learn to play the guitar- in progress
  • Learn to speak French- in progress
  • source: statigr.am
  • Live to be 100- in progress: 26/100!
  • Speak fluent Spanish- in progress
  • Touch a squirrel- in progress
  • Build an awesome fort with pillows and blankets
  • Fast for at least 24 hours
  • Be a vegetarian for 1 week
  • Run a half-marathon- Fremont, NE // March 2012 and December 2012
  • Complete a triathlon- Ogallala, NE // July 23, 2011
  • Jess and I after a 500 meter swim, 16 mile bike ride, and a 5k run.
  • Go to a Husker game

---------[On a More Serious Note]--------
¤         Change someone’s life
¤         Conquer a fear- in progress.. public speaking: getting better but still kind of freaks me out
¤         Donate an organ, while still alive- I've donated blood and platelets
¤         Graduate from college
¤         Participate in “Pay it Forward”
¤         Save someone’s life
¤ Become a Registered Nurse
¤ Start a non-profit
¤ Witness a miracle

--------------[Destinations]-----------

"GREAT JAS YOU KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AND TRAVEL." -GRANDPA DALE 
¤         Go to Australia
¤         Go water zorbing
¤ Backpack across Europe
¤         Snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef
¤         See a platypus
¤         See the Sydney Opera House
¤ Go for a run in Central Park
¤ Throw a dart on a map and travel to wherever it lands
¤         Send a message in a bottle
¤         Watch a sunset at a beach
¤         Swim in the ocean
¤         Shower in a waterfall
¤         Go to Niagra Falls
¤         Go to Roswell, NM and search for UFOs
¤         Go see the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade
¤         Go to the Olympics (preferably summer)
¤         Ice skate at the Rockefeller Center
¤         Drive down Route 66
¤         Experience zero gravity
¤         See a show on Broadway
¤         See Old Faithful
¤         See something that is “the world’s largest”
¤         Visit a movie/tv set
¤         Visit all 50 states, and get a picture with each sign
¤         Visit four corners
¤         Visit the Grand Canyon
¤         Visit the Smithsonian
¤         Visit the Statue of Liberty
¤         Go on a road trip
¤         Get backstage at a concert
¤         Meet someone famous
¤         Island hop in the Caribbean
¤         Go on a cruise
¤         Visit the Galapagos Islands
¤         Go hiking in a rainforest
¤ Go on a safari
¤         Go to Africa
¤         Visit Morocco
¤         Meet my family in Morocco
¤         See the Pyramids
¤         Ride a camel
¤         Learn to surf
¤         Search for Nessy!
¤         Meet an Eskimo and visit their igloo
¤         Ride an elephant
¤         Climb all 1,710 stairs up the Eiffel Tower (wasn't able to the first time, because my mom thought my 5 year old legs would get tired.. I have to avenge my honor and all that I stand for.)
¤         Eat Chinese food in China
¤         Walk/ run a mile of the Great Wall of China
¤         Eat Indian food in India
¤         See the Taj Mahal
¤         Eat Italian food in Italy
¤         Ride a gondola in Venice
¤         Eat Mexican food in Mexico
¤         See the Aurora Borealis
¤         Swim with dolphins
¤         Visit Auschwitz
¤         Visit every continent
¤ Visit over 75% of the world. This means I need to visit 147+/195 countries in the world.

Comment and share:

  • what is on your bucket list?
  • what items from my list are going/already on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment